DAUGHTER OF ALAFIN OYO, DOLAPO ADEYEMI SPEAK ON LIFE AT 40TH
"I CAN'T CHANGE MY LIFESTYLE@40"
On the 22nd of July 2012 the princess of the first class king in the country, Alafin of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi celebrated her 40th birthday amidst pomp and pageantry with crème da la crème of the society in attendance. The event held at Adrao event centre in Victoria Island, Lagos was that of a taste of affluence laced with class. The beautiful, friendly and philanthropic lady who looked more of a 20 year old was a good hostess as she ensured that her guests were entertained to their satisfaction. The mother of two shared her experience at forty and other issues with Islanders publisher, Ola Muhammed.
HOW DO YOU FEEL AT FORTY?
I’m excited, joyful and grateful to God for giving me the grace to clock 40 years. Sincerely I don’t feel 40 and I don’t look it, in fact I feel an 18 year old. My happiness has no bounds.
LIFE THEY SAY BEGINS AT FORTY, DO YOU BELIEVE IN THAT?
Yes my life is just beginning. It’s a new dawn for me to start afresh and to correct those things I haven’t done.
WHAT ARE THE LESSONS THAT LIFE HAS TAUGHT YOU?
Life has taught me to be good to people, appreciate life and be willing to assist those in need of your help.
ANY REGRETS?
Yes! The only regret I have is my mother not being alive to witness my fortieth birthday. I don’t have any other regrets as per mistakes because I learn from it and move on.
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHANGE ABOUT YOURSELF?
This is me! I’m playful and I act like a child sometimes. I love life and my person and I will like to relive it again in another life.
YOU ARE A PRINCESS, HOW DOES IT FEEL?
I hardly tell people though it’s an honor being a princess and I thank God for being in a royal family. Though sometimes I feel embarrassed when people attach formality when relating with me once they get to know that I’m a princess.
I’m grateful to God and its inexplicable, its better experienced. I pray my father lives long as well as the Yoruba clan because all Yoruba indigenes are his children. He’s a wonderful father,hes friendly and caring. I recall the last illeya festival I travelled home with my friends; they were amazed the way my father related well with them.
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?
I’m happily married to an Italian with two children one is 18years and the other is 13years. I’m an independent woman who loves to do things on her own. I run a company which is into import and exports. I import Italian foods into the country.
HOW DO YOU JUGGLE THE HOME FRONT WITH BUSINESS
I try to balance both to the glory of God
WHAT WAS YOUR PARENTS’ REACTIONS?
Every parent wants their children’s happiness so definitely they’ll let you have your way.
HOW’S MARRIAGE LIFE?
My marriage to an Italian was divinely ordained. I must say am a very difficult person to deal with, it takes a patient man to deal with me. He’s caring and doesn’t joke with the family at all. He’s more like a Nigerian having spent over thirty years in the country. It’s been eighteen years and I’m still counting.
YOUR FASHION FETISH
I love shoes and clothes. I’m more like a fashionista and I’m not a designer freak. I shop mostly when I travel out.
DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
I’m loving, caring and I hate moody environment. I can’t stand boredom.
HOW DO YOU RELAX?
I do that often. I think am a very lazy sometimes. Once am a little stressed I run out of the country to chill out. Sometimes I stay alone enjoying my company.
WHERE IS YOUR OFFICE?
Yaba


No comments:
Post a Comment